We had some great weddings this past May and anticipate our next weddings coming up throughout the Summer will follow in their foot steps! Here are some sneak peeks at an oceanfront/ballroom wedding in Coronado and an oceanfront rooftop venue in La Jolla. they are both so very different which is what we love about our job, every couple has a unique vision and creates something that is entirely their own. Enjoy and stay tuned for more.
S&L Wedding May 3, 2014- Coronado Community Center
K&J Wedding May 31, 2014- La Jolla Cove Suites
I'm sure everyone by now has seen the movie The Wedding Planner with the beautiful Jennifer Lopez. Although a tad of an over exaggerated production, one thing holds true. Our attention to detail. Details that everyone would notice once it's too late, but with your wedding planner taking care of little (and sometimes, but hopefully not, big) mishaps and things out of place, you and your guests would never know there was anything out of place.
Take for instance this one wedding I planned. the Bride had purchased gorgeous yellow orchids in a single, modern patterned pot. She had transferred the stems from their original pots into the fancier ones but never removed the store brand sticker. Now, these stickers with SKU bars and all were not strategically placed well at all, being smack dab in the middle of one of the sides of the pots. Luckily, before the centerpieces went out and were arranged, I caught a glimpse and removed each one with a warm, wet washcloth. A very small thing to consider you might say, but it is the small details that will get you, because honestly there are just too many.
So here's to our first out of our Top 10 reasons to hire a wedding coordinator:
1. We take care of all the details, big and small. I'm sure as a Bride or Groom you are used to looking at all of your personal decor items by now and have a vision for how perfectly put together everything will be. A wedding coordinator takes values your vision with such care that we take the time to make sure every place setting is straight, every bow is tied and that no store label is left behind. If it's one thing we're good at, its visualization. When you give us details about your wedding we will do a play by play in our minds and see if any of those bigger plans you had in mind might cause a conflict. For example, you rent lovely folding chairs to match your theme and colors but since you are having a Jewish wedding and doing the Hora dance, Bride and Groom are about to become a lovely sandwich once lifted into the air.
2. Organization. Okay, this may seem like an obvious one, but it's important. With your collection of contracts, invoices, gifts arriving in the mail, invitations, guests lists and to do lists strewn all over your house, you need someone to do the organizing for you. Your planner will keep a nicely organized folio with important notes so that whenever you need something, she has it for you and can tell you what it is immediately. We ordered how many Champagne flutes? We have our photographer booked for how many hours? We have to do what with our marriage license? Your questions may be all over the board, but your coordinators answers will be precise and she will know exactly the what, where, when, why and how.
3. Timing is everything. Have you ever stopped to think about how you, or at least most couples choose to take a year to plan their wedding,and then you only get one day out of it? Although it will be the most amazing and memorable day of your life, it goes by in a wink. Hiring a coordinator will allow you to maximize your time for dancing, socializing or snapping shots in the photo booth all night. Your coordinator will put together a timeline for you that will include every single event taking place that night, (even scheduled time to breathe!) She can make suggestions on how the order of dances can go, when to escape for those priceless sunset pictures and coordinate your send off. A timeline is one of the most key things to consider when planning your wedding. You wouldn't want to be arriving to the church the same time as your groom and risk seeing each other right? It can be more difficult than it seems and why put added stress on yourself? Leave it to a professional.
4. They are the go to person. Imagine you're sipping on a mimosa while getting glamourous with all of your best lady friends and all of a sudden, your wedded bliss is ruined when your cell phone rings. It's the DJ and he's lost, cutting into his set up time while you try and give him directions. Then, your father tells you he can't find the final checks he made out to pay your vendors tonight and all of a sudden your caterer calls to ask you for your seating chart because they forgot to get it from you before hand and the next thing you know, you're ripping out the gorgeous hair do of yours. Let all of those people call your wedding planner with their issues because the only tissues you should need to use are for when you say your vows to the love of your life.
5. They are your planner AND your therapist. Yes, they can be one in the same. Like the scenario above with the bride pulling out her hair, you may feel like that many times throughout planning. Your fiancee isn't taking planning seriously or thinks you can make all the decisions or your mother has taken over and it has now become her wedding. Your planner will listen to you and calm you down as well as give advice on how to make it all better. She may even become a friend.
6. It is all fun and games when you hire a wedding planner. You don't have to worry about everything because you know its taken care of. Just enjoy yourself and your partner and the wonderful night YOU created. It may be once in a lifetime that all of your family from both sides are ever in the same room again and doting on you at that. So relax and dance the night away knowing someone else has everything under control.
7. Saves you time. Wedding planners know all of the right people. We can recommend vendors to you that we know are awesome so you don't have to spend time reading reviews and strolling through the long lists of vendors in your area. Boom- at least 30 total hours of time saved for you right there!
8. Dreams become reality. Wedding planners also know all the trade secrets on how to make your wedding more budget friendly or how to create the illusion that the wedding isn't budget friendly. You Dream it, We'll create it.
9. We are there every step of the way. No really, from the time you hire us, through meetings and emails, phone calls, rehearsals, set up time hours before until the last chair is loaded onto the truck at the end of the night. We make sure everything that belongs to you is returned safely and that nothing, or no one is misplaced.
10. Budgeting expertise. No wedding planner wants to see their couples put up their life savings or find out after all is said and done that they can't afford their wedding. A wedding planner will make a budget plan for you and make sure that you are sticking within your parameters when it comes to spending how much on what. It is easy to get carried away too. You may say, "I absolutely have to have peonies as my wedding flower, but your wedding is in January and it will cost a fortune to fly them in from elsewhere in the world, and they are expensive as it is. Your wedding planner can make suggestions to flowers that provide you with a similar look and feel at a fraction of the cost, keeping you on track so that you can spend your extra money on your honeymoon or maybe buying your first house together.
With this heat, brings something sweet! Our spotlight this month is on The Cake Lady. Shirley Resnick, Owner of The Cake Lady has been making beautiful cakes since 1968 and are seasoned Wedding Pros. Her cake is delicious with flavors ranging from traditional white and chocolate to her more creative confetti and Carmel English Toffee with Almonds...YUM! Not your typical wedding cake, you wont get a dry bite here. Very moist and delicious with light cream and sweet fillings. If that's not enough for you, check out her cake designs too! For the most excellent customer service and quality product, you have to have your cake tasting with Shirley. A sweetheart making sweet confections.